Interested in joining the Columbia Choral Society?
Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Mears by email to arrange your audition time. If you miss the August 4th date, a makeup audition may be scheduled for Monday, January 6th between 6:00-7:00pm.
Things to Know
- Please arrive early for your audition in case we are ahead of schedule.
- Prepare a solo of your choice. An art song, aria, folk song, or a hymn would be appropriate. Please remember to bring a copy of the music for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing some basic vocal exercises to determine the extent of your vocal range.
- You will also be asked to sight read a short passage.
Choral Society Expectations
- We expect our members to make a personal investment in the Choral Society community.
- We expect that each member individually and collectively will strive for musical excellence.
- We expect members to make every rehearsal and performance a priority.
- We hope that your membership is for the entire performance year. We need you at every performance!