Interested in joining the Columbia Choral Society? Auditions are generally held in January and August.
Please contact Dr. Elizabeth M. Mears by email to arrange your audition time.
Auditions are usually held at Forest Lake Presbyterian Church. The address is 6500 N Trenholm Road in Columbia.
Things to Know
- Please arrive early for your audition in case we are ahead of schedule.
- Prepare a solo of your choice. An art song, aria, folk song, or a hymn would be appropriate. Please remember to bring a copy of the music for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing some basic vocal exercises to determine the extent of your vocal range.
- You will also be asked to sight read a short passage.
Choral Society Expectations
- We expect our members to make a personal investment in the Choral Society community.
- We expect that each member individually and collectively will strive for musical excellence.
- We expect members to make every rehearsal and performance a priority.
- We hope that your membership is for the entire performance year. We need you at every performance!