Become a Member
Voice placement and auditions will take place at Forest Lake Presbyterian Church, which is located at 6500 North Trenholm Road. Voice placements are for CCS members, for the sole purpose of letting our Music Director, Beth Mears, hear singers' voices. Auditions are required for people who did not sing with CCS last year and are interested in joining us.
To sign-up for voice placement (returning singer) or audition (prospective singer), email Beth Mears a 30-minute block of time from the times below that would work for you, as well as a second 30-minute block of time as your second choice. She will then respond with your assigned 10-minute time. Contact Beth at:
Sat, Aug 6 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Sun, Aug 7 4 – 6 p.m.
Sat, Aug 13 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Sun, Aug 14 4 – 6 p.m.
Things to know
- Please arrive early for your audition in case we are ahead of schedule.
- Prepare a solo of your choice. An art song, aria, folk song, or a hymn would be appropriate. Please remember to bring a copy of the music for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing some basic vocal exercises to determine the extent of your vocal range.
- You will also be asked to sing your voice part in one or more short musical excerpts. You will have time to become familiar with your part.
Choral Society expectations
- We expect our members to make a personal investment in the Choral Society.
- We expect that each member individually and collectively will strive for musical excellence.
- We expect members to make every rehearsal and performance a priority.
- We hope that your membership is for the entire performance year. We need you at every performance!