Become a Member
All singers wishing to become members of CCS must
audition with the Music Director. Auditions typically take place at the beginning of the season, but can be done throughout the year if someone wishes to join after the season has begun. Please email David Lowry to schedule an audition.
Things to know
- Please arrive early for your audition in case we are ahead of schedule.
- Prepare a solo of your choice. An art song, folk song, aria, a hymn or simply "Happy Birthday" would be appropriate. Be sure to have copies of the music for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing some basic vocal exercises to determine the extent of your vocal range as well as sing a few ear training examples.
- Finally you will be asked to sing your part in a "sight-singing" exercise. You will have time to become familiar with your part.
Choral Society expectations
- We expect our members to make a personal investment in the Choral Society.
- We expect that each member individually and collectively will strive for musical excellence.
- We expect members to make every rehearsal and performance a priority.
- We hope that your membership is for the entire performance year. We need you at every performance!