Become a Member
All singers wishing to become members of CCS must
audition with the Music Director. Auditions will be held on August 5 and August 12. Please email Matthew Caine to schedule an audition.
Things to know
- Please arrive early for your audition in case we are ahead of schedule.
- Prepare a solo of your choice. An art song, folk song, aria, a hymn or simply "Happy Birthday" would be appropriate. Be sure to have copies of the music for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing some basic vocal exercises to determine the extent of your vocal range as well as sing a few ear training examples.
- Finally you will be asked to sing your part in a "sight-singing" exercise. You will have time to become familiar with your part.
Choral Society expectations
- We expect our members to make a personal investment in the Choral Society.
- We expect that each member individually and collectively will strive for musical excellence.
- We expect members to make every rehearsal and performance a priority.
- We hope that your membership is for the entire performance year. We need you at every performance!